Accounting, Payroll Administrator
The objective of this program is to give the student hands-on training in the key areas of financial accounting and payroll, as well as in the implementation and operation of a computerized accounting system. The practical, rather than the theoretical, is stressed.
The successful graduate will have the necessary skills to keep a set of books, both manually and on a computerized system.
Graduates of this program will meet the academic program requirements to receive:
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certification from the Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) program, issued by the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA). The certification is nationally recognized as the standard of excellence for payroll training. A 65% mark is required to pass this module.
- This program also includes the potential for Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification at the Expert level in Excel and Word and at the Core level in Access and PowerPoint.
- Accounting, Payroll Administrator Courses View
- Bookkeeping & Financial Accounting
- Internal Control
- Intermediate & Management Accounting
- Computerized Accounting with Sage 50
- Computerized Accounting with Sage 300
- Payroll Compliance Legislation
- Payroll Fundamentals I
- Payroll Fundamentals II
- Computer Fundamentals / Keyboarding
- Internet Communications
- Word Processing Level I
- Word Processing Level II
- Spreadsheets Level I
- Spreadsheets Level II
- Database Management
- Strategies for Student Success
- Professional Skills
- Career Planning & Preparation