- Admission and Administration Requirements
Academic Admission Requirements:
- High school diploma or high school equivalency (Transcript and/or diploma to be forwarded to the College); or
- Mature students who do not meet the education prerequisites may be considered for admission on an individual basis provided the following conditions are met:
- Applicants are at least 19 years of age at the time of application;
- Applicants have been out of school for at least one year;
- Applicants complete the standardized assessment instrument and obtain the result of high school equivalence on all subtests;
- Applicants present a certified copy of grades for the highest educational level attained.
- Completion of Keyin College’s official application form;
- Application fee of $50 (non-refundable). It must be noted that this is an additional cost for the processing of your application.
- International applications are subject to a $250 application processing fee (non-refundable)
Keyin’s Computer Studies program prepares students to become computer professionals in one the fastest growing job markets in the world. This course of study provides the student with a firm base of programming in the IBM AS/400 environment, the PC environment, and the internet. This blend of programming, along with networking, database, and customer support training ensures students receive current curriculum and leading edge technology.
The Computer Studies program qualifies graduates for a career as a computer programmer in the minicomputer, microcomputer and internet environments. Graduates are also qualified as software support specialists, software and hardware marketers, technical consultants and trainers, IBM AS-400 operators, as well as data communications operators.
- Computer Studies Courses View
- Fundamentals of Accounting I
- Document Production I
- Computer Fundamentals
- Employment Plus
- Solutions Planning
- Problem Solving
- Visual Basic I
- Visual Basic II
- Web Authoring I - HTML
- Web Authoring III & E-Commerce
- Network Essentials (Network+)
- Computer Diagnostics
- Introduction to AS/400
- Database Design & Management
- Customer Support
- RPG/400 Programming I
- RPG/400 Programming II
- RPG ILE
- Java Programming I
- Java Programming II
- System Analysis & Design
- Desktop & Distributed Applications
- Networking II
- Term Project
- Database Programming
Currently offered at the following locations:
- Isabelle Lewis
- Change Management Coordinator, Systems | Johnson Inc.
- The Computer Studies program at Keyin College provided me with immediate employment upon graduation and excellent opportunities for professional development over the past 16 years. My training and hands-on experience gave me the skills and confidence necessary for career advancement with Johnson Inc. I would highly recommend Keyin as an option for quality educational training.