- Admission and Administration Requirements
- Academic Admission Requirements:
- High school diploma or high school equivalency (Transcript and/or diploma to be forwarded to the College); or
- Mature students who do not meet the education prerequisites may be considered for admission on an individual basis provided the following conditions are met:
- Applicants are at least 19 years of age at the time of application;
- Applicants have been out of school for at least one year;
- Applicants complete the standardized assessment instrument and obtain the result of high school equivalence on all subtests;
- Applicants present a certified copy of grades for the highest educational level attained.
- Completion of Keyin College’s official application form;
- Application fee of $50 (non-refundable). It must be noted that this is an additional cost for the processing of your application.
- International applications are subject to a $250 application processing fee (non-refundable)
The training focus of the Hairstylist program is to provide students with the skills, knowledge and experience to work as a Hairstylist or Barber. Students acquire all the fundamentals of nail care, make-up application, esthetics, color analysis and much more. Our program specializes in Hair Design instructing students on how to cut, style, perm, color, and many more valuable skills. The practical experience you acquire in our salon will develop your expertise in hairstyling and shop management.
The Hairstylist program is an apprenticeable trades program. These courses, completed at Keyin College, will represent partial completion of requirements for Journeyperson status under the Interprovincial Red Seal Certification. Once this training is complete and the student secures employment in the trade, he/she must register as an apprentice with the Industrial Training Division, Department of Advanced Education Skills and Labour.
- Hairstylist Courses View
- WHMIS 1520
- Standard First Aid TS1530
- Occupational Health & Safety TS1510
- Salon Fundamentals HT1120
- Styling I HT1210
- Styling II HT1211
- Cutting I (Hairdressing) HT1300
- Cutting II (Barbering) HT1301
- Chemically Waving & Relaxing Hair HT1420
- Colour Fundamentals HT1510
- Hair Colouring HT1511
- Lightening & Toning HT2500
- Workplace Exposure OJ1500
- Workplace Essentials SD1760
- Introduction to Aesthetics HT1620
- Math Essentials AM1100
- Communication Essentials CM2160
- Computer Essentials MC1060
- Introduction to Apprenticeship AP1101
- Work Term
Currently offered at the following locations:
- Andrew Hebert
- Hairstylist Graduate
- My time at Keyin College was an amazing experience, one that I'll forever remember. I've met a lot of incredible people while attending the semester and learned a lot of skills that I can confidently take into the work force. With the amazing teachers they have on staff, I've never felt more ready to pursue something in my life. Thanks Keyin and the people that have paved the road.