Heavy Equipment Operator
- Admission and Administration Requirements
- Academic Admission Requirements:
- High school diploma or high school equivalency (Transcript and/or diploma to be forwarded to the College); or
- Mature students who do not meet the education prerequisites may be considered for admission on an individual basis provided the following conditions are met:
- Applicants are at least 19 years of age at the time of application;
- Applicants have been out of school for at least one year;
- Applicants present a certified copy of grades for the highest educational level attained.
Additional Admission Requirements:
- Completion of Keyin College’s official application form;
- Application fee of $50 (non-refundable). It must be noted that this is an additional cost for the processing of your application;
- International applications are subject to a $250 application processing fee (non-refundable);
- Student fee of $75.
- Clear Driver’s Abstract;
- Current medical report signed by a qualified medical doctor;
- Photocopy of a valid driver’s license (front and back);
- Class 5 driver’s license for 2 years.
The Heavy Equipment Operator program provides an introduction to the heavy equipment industry and basic heavy equipment operation. Each student will receive 60 hours operating time on an Excavator, Front End Loader and Tandem Dump Truck. Additionally, students will learn grades reading, safety procedures and heavy equipment maintenance. Upon successful completion, students will have obtained their Class 3 license with a Class 9 endorsement.
This program is recognized by the Apprenticeship and Certification Board as a Provincial Apprentice Trade.
- Heavy Equipment Operator Courses View
- WHMIS 1520
- Standard First Aid TS1530
- Powerline Hazards HE1620
- Equipment Operation Safety HE1101
- Grades & Stakes HE1120
- Equipment Maintenance HE1201
- Regulations & Emergency Procedures HE1301
- Professional Driver Improvement HE1610
- Air Brakes HE1600
- Trenching Safety HE1640
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods HE1630
- Traffic Control Person OL1600
- Heavy Equipment Operator Math Fundamentals MA1060
- Math Essentials AM1100
- Communication Essentials CM2160
- Workplace Essentials SD1760
- Computer Essentials MC1060
- Introduction to Apprenticeship AP1101
- Front End Loaders HE1531
- Tandem Dump Trucks HE1541
- Excavators HE1561