Mining Mill Processing Operator
- Admission and Administration Requirements
Academic Admission Requirements:
- High school diploma or high school equivalency (Transcript and/or diploma to be forwarded to the College); or
- Mature students who do not meet the education prerequisites may be considered for admission on an individual basis provided the following conditions are met:
- Applicants are at least 19 years of age at the time of application;
- Applicants have been out of school for at least one year;
- Applicants complete the standardized assessment instrument and obtain the result of high school equivalence on all subtests;
- Applicants present a certified copy of grades for the highest educational level attained.
- Completion of Keyin College’s official application form;
- Application fee of $50 (non-refundable). It must be noted that this is an additional cost for the processing of your application.
- International applications are subject to a $250 application processing fee (non-refundable)
Additional Admission Requirements:
- Current medical report signed by a qualified medical doctor
Specifically in the field of ore processing, there is presently a demand for metallurgists, metallurgical technicians and operators (crushers, grinders, conveyors, waste disposal) with the right skill sets to do the job properly and safely. Such training would encompass themes including health and safety, knowledge of ore processing methods including Comminution (crushing and grinding), Beneficiation (separating and concentrating) and Smelting and Refining, planning and supervision, data manipulation and small equipment operation.
Specialized training in specific areas, as well as safety program certifications, complete the overall comprehensive training program to fully prepare the candidates for the career he/she will be entering.
- Mining Mill Processing Operator Courses View
- Safety & Induction
- Work Safely in the Mill Environment
- Hand & Power Tools
- Lifting Devices
- Ladders & Scaffolds
- Operate Sump Pumps
- Handling Reagents & Designated Substance
- Tailings Disposition
- Sampling & Testing
- Service Vehicles & Equipment
- General Operations
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Standard First Aid
- Powerline Hazards
- Fall Protection Awareness