Occupational Health & Safety
- Admission and Administration Requirements
Academic Admission Requirements:
- High school diploma or high school equivalency (Transcript and/or diploma to be forwarded to the College); or
- Mature students who do not meet the education prerequisites may be considered for admission on an individual basis provided the following conditions are met:
- Applicants are at least 19 years of age at the time of application;
- Applicants have been out of school for at least one year;
- Applicants complete the standardized assessment instrument and obtain the result of high school equivalence on all subtests;
- Applicants present a certified copy of grades for the highest educational level attained.
- Completion of Keyin College’s official application form;
- Application fee of $50 (non-refundable). It must be noted that this is an additional cost for the processing of your application.
- International applications are subject to a $250 application processing fee (non-refundable)
Keyin College is proud to offer the Occupational Health and Safety diploma program in Newfoundland and Labrador. This program was developed in response to the growing demand for well-trained individuals in the area of health and safety for safer worksites, stronger safety co-ordination and sound safety planning.
In June 2012, Keyin College and Cape Breton University signed an articulation agreement providing students, who have completed Keyin’s 2 year Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Diploma program, an opportunity to qualify to receive credits towards the Cape Breton University Bachelor of Health Sciences (Public Health) Degree. For more information on this degree program, please go to:
Keyin College is pleased to have their OH&S curriculum approved by the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals. In addition, Keyin College Grand Falls-Windsor campus is also pleased to be included in the Canadian Federal Government’s Approved CO-OP/Internship Programs.
The CCA Gold Seal Accreditation Program is a national program for construction Project Managers, Superintendents, Estimators and Owners’ Project Managers. Accreditation is based on the candidate’s education, experience and their ability to satisfy the rigorous standards of the Program. This may mean the successful completion of a Gold Seal exam. The Gold Seal Certificate was developed by the industry for the industry and is a voluntary certification program for the individual. The Certificate signifies that the individual has attained a nationally recognized level of experience and competence as a Project Manager, Superintendent, Estimator, Construction Safety Coordinator or Owners’ Project Manager.
For more information on the Gold Seal Accreditation Program, please visit http://www.goldsealcertification.com/
For the individual – the Gold Seal Certificate is a declaration of skill and competence that is recognized by the construction industry across the country. The Certificate will enhance mobility and professional development of construction managers.
For the contractor – employing Gold Seal Accredited managers is a statement regarding the professionalism and commitment of the firm to construction management excellence. A Gold Seal Certificate assists employers in recruiting capable construction managers.
Graduates of this program will be qualified to work as a Hazardous Materials Technician, Emergency Response Technician, Occupational Health and Safety Technician, Safety Advisor, Hazardous Waste Treatment Technician, Environmental Compliance Officer and other industry related positions.
- Occupational Health & Safety Courses View
- Courses may vary depending on the individual campuses. Please contact your campus of choice for more information.
Currently offered at the following locations:
- Amanda Dinn
- OHS | CBU Graduate
- I completed the Occupation Health and Safety Program at Keyin College and then continued my studies with Cape Breton University. I now have a diploma in OHS and a degree in Public Health. The agreement between the two institutions required me to only spend one year at CBU. Both have put me on the path of a fantastic career as a Public Health Inspector. It is a great opportunity that I would highly recommend as it opens the doors to so many opportunities.