Professional Business Accountant
- Admission and Administration Requirements
- High school diploma or high school equivalency, including Grade 12/Level III/ABE Level III Math and English in the Academic Stream (Transcript and/or diploma to be forwarded to the College); or
- Mature students who do not meet the educational prerequisites may be considered for admission on an individual basis provided the following conditions are met:
- Applicants are at least 19 years of age at the time of application;
- Applicants complete the standardized assessment instrument and obtain the result of post high school equivalence on all subtests;
- Applicants present a certified copy of grades for the highest educational level attained.
- Completion of Keyin College’s official application form;
- Application fee of $50 (non-refundable). It must be noted that this is an additional cost for the processing of your application;
- International applications are subject to a $250 application processing fee (non-refundable).
All individuals who register will automatically be registered as Associate Members in their respective PBA provincial organizations.
Students may be required to provide evidence of a Criminal Records Screening Certificate, at the request of a work term host/employer and acceptable to the work term host/employer, prior to beginning their work term placement.
The Professional Business Account program is designed to provide the basic levels of education required in the areas of: Accounting, Cost Accounting, Statistics, Information Systems, Business Law, Ethics, Economics, Communications, Financial Management, Canadian Taxation, General Management, and Human Resources. Upon graduation, students will have a comprehensive foundation in multiple aspects of business with a major emphasis on accounting. This is a high level accounting program providing skills that students can utilize upon graduation.
Upon completion, graduates will be comfortable moving directly into a junior level accounting position. This is not to be interpreted as a clerical/data entry position, but one where graduates will be able to, under supervision, apply the principles and knowledge acquired. Tasks which graduates will be able to perform initially will include reconciliation of sub ledgers, verification of account balances, and some basic analysis. The ultimate outcome is that rather than being equipped only to do bookkeeping – graduates will be able to move upwards in the accounting department in a business.
The PBA program is designed to prepare graduates, to register to write the PBA Entry to Practice Designation Exam with the Professional Business Accountants’ Society of Canada.
- Professional Business Accountant Courses View
- Financial Accounting I
- Financial Accounting II
- Financial Accounting III
- Financial Accounting IV
- Management / Cost Accounting I
- Management / Cost Accounting II
- Statistic & Quantitative Methods
- Information Systems
- Strategic Information Systems
- Business Law
- Principles of Economics
- Business Communications
- Financial Management
- Strategic Financial Management
- Canadian Taxation I
- Canadian Taxation II
- External Auditing
- Internal Auditing
- Principles of Management
- Human Resource Management
- Exam Preparation Course
- Microsoft Office I - Word
- Microsoft Office II - Excel
- Computerized Accounting