- Admission and Administration Requirements
- Academic Admission Requirements:
- High school diploma or high school equivalency (Transcript and/or diploma to be forwarded to the College); or
- Mature students who do not meet the education prerequisites may be considered for admission on an individual basis provided the following conditions are met:
- Applicants are at least 19 years of age at the time of application;
- Applicants have been out of school for at least one year;
- Applicants complete the standardized assessment instrument and obtain the result of high school equivalence on all subtests;
- Applicants present a certified copy of grades for the highest educational level attained.
- Completion of Keyin College’s official application form;
- Application fee of $50 (non-refundable). It must be noted that this is an additional cost for the processing of your application;
- International applications are subject to a $250 application processing fee (non-refundable);
- Student fee of $75.
Be it residential or commercial, carpenters are vital to all aspects of the construction industry. From the building of highways and bridges to the installation of kitchen cabinets, carpenters construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures made from wood and other materials.
Students will learn elementary structural design and become familiar with common carpentry jobs, such as layout, form building, rough framing, and outside and inside finishing. They also learn to use the tools, machines, equipment, and materials of the trade. In the classroom, future apprentices learn safety, first aid, freehand sketching, basic mathematics, and various carpentry techniques.
This program is recognized by the Apprenticeship and Certification Board as an Interprovincial Trade (Red Seal Endorsed) which allows the holder to work in other provinces/territories without having to re-certify.
- Carpenter Courses View
- Occupational Health & Safety TS1510
- WHMIS 1520
- Standard First Aid TS1530
- Blueprint Reading AJ1160
- Residential Estimating AJ1170
- Layout & Footings AJ1201
- Interior Trim AJ1501
- Roof Fundamentals AJ1310
- Scaffolding AJ2430
- Confined Space Awareness LA1100
- Chain Saw Safety AJ1760
- Fall Protection Awareness LA1110
- Powerline Hazards HE1620
- Carpentry Fundamentals AJ1111
- Wall Forms AJ1211
- Floor & Wall Framing AJ1221
- Exterior Finish AJ1231
- Interior Fundamentals AJ1410
- Stair Fundamentals AJ1601
- Carpenter Math Fundamentals AM1130
- Math Essentials AM1100
- Communication Essentials CM2160
- Workplace Essentials SD1760
- Computer Essentials MC1060
- Introduction to Apprenticeship AP1101