Information Systems Specialist
This program is designed for students wishing to pursue a career in administering and supporting users on networked systems. Graduates may successfully compete for positions such as Network Administrator, Technical Support Specialist and Help-Desk Troubleshooter.
Keyin’s 83-week ISS program focuses on networks and associated certifications as well as, hardware installation and configuration, operating systems, peer-to-peer networking, Office 2010, internet explorer, Windows configuration, Windows server and WINS, RAS and DHCP.
This program helps students prepare for certification examinations in computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) A+ and Network+ Certifications, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Server Infrastructure (MCSE), Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) and, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Admission and Administration Requirements
Academic Admission Requirements:
- High school diploma or high school equivalency (Transcript and/or diploma to be forwarded to the College); or
- Mature students who do not meet the education prerequisites may be considered for admission on an individual basis provided the following conditions are met:
- Applicants are at least 19 years of age at the time of application;
- Applicants have been out of school for at least one year;
- Applicants complete the standardized assessment instrument and obtain the result of high school equivalence on all subtests;
- Applicants present a certified copy of grades for the highest educational level attained.
- Completion of Keyin College’s official application form;
- Application fee of $50 (non-refundable). It must be noted that this is an additional cost for the processing of your application.
- International applications are subject to a $250 application processing fee (non-refundable)
- Information Systems Specialist Courses View
- Computer Fundamentals / Keyboarding
- Operating System Fundamentals
- IT Software Fundamentals
- Installing & Configuring Windows Server
- Administering Windows Server
- Designing & Implementing a Server Infrastructure
- Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
- Configuring Advanced Windows Server Services
- Introduction to CISCO
- Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2
- Introduction to Exchange Server
- Introduction to SQL Server
- Strategies for Student Success
- Professional Skills
- Career Planning & Preparation
- Work Term