Today, software developers are in high demand, and this trend is expected to continue over the coming decade. A career in software development can be fulfilling, financially rewarding, and offers many opportunities for advancement. Keyin’s Software Development program takes you to the cutting edge of today’s technology in an easy to follow and engaging manner. Working in Agile teams, students are exposed to the collaborative environments found in many leading technology companies. In addition, team projects in each semester can be used to build the student’s portfolio of work in preparation for graduation.
This 64 week program provides training on key software skills that are highly relevant in the local technology sector, as well as across other major markets in Canada and the USA. Taught by expert instructors with real industry experience, the program prepares graduates for entry level software jobs in front-end and back-end software development, DevOps and software design.
The program will be delivered over 4 semesters:
- Semester I: Software Foundations
- Semester II: Front-End Software Development
- Semester III: Back-End Software Development
- Semester IV: DevOps and Software Design
*Pending Government Approval
- Admission and Administration Requirements
Academic Admission Requirements:
High school diploma or high school equivalency (Transcript and/or diploma to be forwarded to the College); or
Mature students who do not meet the education prerequisites may be considered for admission on an individual basis provided the following conditions are met:
Applicants are at least 19 years of age at the time of application;
Applicants have been out of school for at least one year;
Applicants complete the standardized assessment instrument and obtain the result of high school equivalence on all subtests;
Applicants present a certified copy of grades for the highest educational level attained.
Completion of Keyin College’s official application form;
Application fee of $50 (non-refundable). It must be noted that this is an additional cost for the processing of your application.
International applications are subject to a $250 application processing fee (non-refundable).
- Software Development Courses View
- Software Dev. Seminar I
- Essential Skills for Software Development
- Introduction to Programming with Python
- Software Dev. Seminar II
- UI/UX Design
- Front-End Development
- Cloud Computing (AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Cert.)
- Front-End Software Competition
- Software Dev. Seminar III
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Database Programming & Data Processing
- Cloud Development (AWS Certified Developer Cert.)
- Back-End Software Competition
- Software Dev. Seminar IV
- Software Design, Architecture and Testing
- Cloud Operations: (AWS SysOps Admin. Cert.)
- Advanced Programming
- Software Design Competition